In a spare afternoon my 3yo and I headed out of the house to let Mummy work. I’d recently started giving to Avon Wildlife Trust, you get loads of great literature and an awesome magazine for you and the kids as part of that, including a pamphlet on ‘Exploring a Nature reserve near you’, from that we decided to head to Prior’s Wood which is only a 15 minute drive away. We armed ourselves with cameras and a a photo scavenger hunt worksheet from the Woodland Trust.
The guide – full of green spaces in Bristol – made it really easy to find, and it was even signposted.
I was armed with my Canon 5d and the 3yo with my iPhone 6.
She got really into it, although this is really designed for older kids, she was able to look at the photos and choose which things to find.
We hunted for as many things as we could on the list but didn’t do all of them, she is only 3!
1. A selfie (taken by me)
2. Something weird (taken by me)
3. Your fellow explorers (taken by 3yo)
4. Daddy’s favourite tree (taken by 3yo)
5. 3yo favourite tree (taken by 3yo)
6. The ground under your feet (taken by 3yo)
7. Autumn leaves (taken by 3yo)
8. An animals home (taken by me)
9. Something bigger than me (taken by me)
10. Cool wellies (taken by me)
10. Cool wellies (taken by 3yo)
11. A view up a tree (taken by me)
12. Something brightly coloured (taken by me)
13. A secret doorway (taken by me)
14. A pretty leaf (taken by me)